Find your Spanish Property
Need more search options? Try our ADVANCED SEARCH
Need more search options? Try our ADVANCED SEARCH

El Portet Villas for Sale

Properties for sale in Costa Blanca & Villas in Moraira

Discover best properties, houses, villas and apartments in Moraira, Benitachell and other areas of Costa Blanca.

El Portet Villas for Sale

Essential information about the habitability certificate

When buying a home, to register a supply... There are varied situations in which this document is demanded, but really, can you live without a permit of habitability?

The habitability certificate of a dwelling is a document that certifies the fulfilment of the minimum requirements so that a space can be inhabited by people in terms of health, hygiene and solidity. It is legalized by the Autonomous Communities and expires every fifteen years.

It regulates the minimum useful surface of the living spaces as well as the minimum equipment: toilet, kitchen, hot water, etc. According to Spanish Law 18/2007, this accreditation is required when hiring and registering water, gas and light services, in addition to the procedures for renting or selling a property. Therefore, it is important that before signing a contract of this type is verified that the house has the document.

Is it legal to live without a habitability certificate?

Definitely not, it is mandatory to have this document as it is necessary both to be able to rent or to sell a home, both for new homes or for global rehabilitation. Also to register the services e water, gas and electricity in the property. In addition, banks and savings banks may require such a cedula to grant a mortgage.

In addition, in the newly constructed flats, the habitability certificate guarantees that the building complies with the mandatory quality controls in its construction. In some Autonomous Communities of the country, this has been replaced by the municipal urban permit of first occupation.

Types of habitability cards

There are three types depending on the age of the house:

First occupation: for newly built housing or when the building has been emptied, leaving only the facade.

First occupancy of rehabilitation: for housing resulting from an intervention - subdivisions, change of use to create a home, emptying of the dwelling or extensions, among others.

Second occupancy: for homes that already exist.


It varies according to the year in which the ID card was approved:

New / used housing bonds awarded before 2004: 10 years.

New / used housing bonds awarded between 2004 and 2012: 15 years.

Cédulas granted as of 2013: for first occupancy dwellings, 25 years and for rehabilitation and second option, 15 years.

Tabaira Real Estate helps you find in El Portet Villas for Sale.

Tabaira Real Estate we are estate agents based in Moraira. If you want to buy homes in Costa Blanca North trust us. We are pleased to be at your service to give the villa of your dreams by the sea. Our villas are located in attractive places such as Moraira, Benissa, Teulada or Benitachell. Looking to purchase a villa in Moraira? Moraira Villas for Sale

Certainly, if you look for a place to enjoy the sun and the Mediterranean Sea, we invite you to explore our properties. You will easily find the property that best suits your needs. Contact us today. We will be pleased to be at your disposal to find the waterfront home you deserve.

© 2020 Tabaira Real EstatelegalPrivacyWeb MapSold Properties
design & programming: Mediaelx

Ask Tabaira Real Estate

Do you need some help?


Notify me when prices drop


Monthly prices


Send to a friend


Send properties


Request a callback


Subscribe to our newsletter